Super excited to announce that Because It’s Limited has been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by frombeauty2fashion! I started this blog as a creative outlet and place for us to chronicle all our limited edition obsessions, but never dreamed we’d get recognition in the measly two months since we started. So thank you to all our readers and especially Shali at frombeauty2fashion.com for the nomination!
Here we are fulfilling the req’s for the award:
7 Things about us:
- Because It’s Limited is written by two friends, jensTHATgirl & alathing, who have been obsessed with rare, exclusive, limited, and innovative things ever since we can remember.
- jensTHATgirl: I push drugs and give sponge baths for a living: I’m a registered nurse.
- jensTHATgirl: I’m currently attempting to make jewelry for fun and secretly hoping it’ll become something more
- jensTHATgirl: I have a crazy obsession for Kanye West. I know he’s eccentric and is often portrayed as an asshole, but musically I think he is a creative genius and truly inspires me. Besides, can you name one great/influential artist who wasn’t a little off (i.e. Elvis, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Whitney Houston, etc)
- alathing: Laces spectacles for people daily.
- alathing: sz11s…send em my way!
- alathing: Has a less crazy obsession for Kanye West. G.O.O.D. Music!
15 other blogs we find inspiring. Be sure to check them out!
- We Are So Droee: fashion spreads and art from around the world
- Emorfes: amazing photos and art
- Work/Play/Polish: “life through manicures” and her nails are impeccable
- Honestly WTF: honestly amazing and great DIY inspirations
- STREETFSN: street fashion to the fullest. no words. just pictures. and it’s all SO good
- All Yeezy Everything: period.
- The Beauty Department: great beauty tips and tricks
- Design Mom: if only I could be so amazing when I have kids
- Street Art News: the world is our canvas
- Fresh Off the Boat: http://thepopchef.blogspot.com and http://www.vice.com/fresh-off-the-boat. Watch some of Eddie’s Huang’s Vice or YouTube episodes, pretty good stuff.
- Hypebeast.com: OG “Streetwear” blog, blogging about streetwear before it was actually streetwear.
- Got ‘Em Coach: Sports w/ a touch of Lakers homerism.
- http://kanyedbythebell.tumblr.com/: Saved by the Bell X Kanye West, nuff said!
- BBC/Ice Cream Blog: Take a glimpse into Pharell’s world.
- Niketalk.com: There were few before, and many after. One of the original Nike Forums since ’99.
Now you have a little glimpse into our lives. Hope you keep reading even if you disagree with our obsession for Yeezy. Thanks again to fromfashion2beauty.com for the nomination!